Thursday, April 10, 2014

I Had A Dream

I had a dream; 
I was shopping with some beautiful girlfriends for dresses. We were looking at very shiny happy sparkly dresses, quite mod and colorful really. And a few hats, with feathers, fit for a princess. 

Then amidst all these happy things I remembered Paul and that he was dead and how much I missed him and how I wished he were still here. I went barreling down a hallway sobbing...fearing the loss of more loved ones and friends. 

How could I go on? Go forward in the face of that inevitable loss? I cried some more, than went back to my girlfriends who were still looking at fun, happy dresses. Somehow, I knew, even with the sadness, I would face the loss and go forward. Even in the presence of dichotomy; happy dress and smiling girlfriends and brutal loss. 

I would always be marked in this way, but in time we all are. And we all move forward, touching the nice things still.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely. I'm tearing up here...thanks for sharing Cindy. Sniff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy, I enjoy your songs. I talked and corresponded with Paul, as we both wrote books during the same period of time. I talked with him on the phone sometimes. And met him at The American Book Convention in New York City. He was very kind to me. I am sorry for your loss. Warmly, Jim Wortham

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jim, Thank you for your kind thoughts and for writing and sharing your experiences with Paul. He was indeed fun to talk to ...
      best wishes,
      cindy lee

      Delete